Friday, April 15, 2005

A Few Successes?

Over the past three mornings, I have had two pseudo-Sleeptracker successes. Yesterday morning Sleeptracker woke me when I moved in bed during my window, but I said the heck with it and went back to sleep.....no followup alarm at the 'alarm' time though...very curious. Maybe it thought I was awake.

This morning was a similar story with Sleeptracker waking me as I rolled over in bed during the window. Once again, I HAD to keep sleeping...but I did wakeup less than half an hour later when my wife's alarm went off.

An Observation Regarding My Sleeping

On a sidenote, an interesting observation that I've made regarding my sleeping cycles is that when I stay up later than usual, I seem to sleep more soundly (i.e. there is more time between my 'almost awake' moments). Last night, for example, I didn't get to bed until 1 with an alarm time set at 6:30 (30 min window). After observing the data, I noted the length between 'almost awake' moments...especially in comparison to the nights directly preceding last night. Also, a similar scenario occurred earlier in my tests....I'll have to look at that for my final analysis.

In the meantime, a couple of near successes can be recorded for Sleeptracker.

10 more days of testing before the final verdict. Can Sleeptracker turn the tide and have a significant history of success...I'm looking forward to figuring that out.

A FEATURE CORRECTION

Lastly, I'll mention something that someone said in a comment, which is that you can make Sleeptracker not beep between screens if you've turned the backlight on....of course, you can only turn the backlight on while you are on certain screens. A good point, though, at least I don't have to disturb my wife while I look at the data immediately after waking.

No comments: